The ebb and flow of darkness can be intimidating, and often, overwhelming, however, the Sorceress has overcome these fears in order to harness its power for her own ends. She unleashes her power in melee and mid ranged combat, all the while coalescing her power into fragments that can be absorbed to further augment her abilities.
Sorceresses are well served by agility, darting across battlefields like an avenging shadow, leaving nothing but havoc in her wake. Her limited defensive capability is offset by the small amounts of HP she can steal from her foes. The biggest challenge a Sorceress will face is staying two steps ahead of her foes, striking when they least expect it.
Below, you will find a breakdown of some of Sorceress’s morer notable skills, to help you get started on your journey.
Create up to 3 Shards of Darkness with your attacks, which float around your character. Use of this skill will consume Shards of Darkness to increase AP and restore MP.
- Activate by pressing Q, while you have Shards of Darkness.
- Returns 60 mana per shard consumed, and increases AP dependent on the number of shards, up to 3.
- This skill has a maximum of 3 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 15 skill points to max out all ranks.
Absorb natural energy and convert it into Fragments of Darkness, to create Shards of Darkness.
- You must have Shards of Darkness I to learn this skill.
- No activation, as it is a passive applied to Shards of Darkness.
- This skill has a maximum of 2 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 30 skill points to max out all ranks.
Teleport a short distance at the cost of some Stamina.
- Activate by pressing Shift + A, Shift + D, Shift + S or by double tapping W. (This will affect the direction in which you teleport.)
- This skill has a maximum of 3 ranks, including the Ultimate rank, with a cumulative cost of 33 skill points to max out all ranks.
- Can be used while jumping, and if used in this way, will increase movement speed for a short time.
- The ultimate version of this skill allows it to be used during some attacks, such as Dream of Doom.
If you do not have enough stamina to use Night crow, you can instead consume Shards of Darkness.
- No activation as it is a passive applied to Night Crow.
- This skill has a maximum of 1 rank, at a cost of 13 skill points.
- Combos into:
Perform an instant attack after using Night Crow.
- Activate by pressing Shift + A or Shift + D after Night Crow.
- Can slow enemies and apply the Bound condition.
- This skill has a maximum of 2 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 50 skill points to max out all ranks.
- You must have Night Crow II to learn this skill.
Charge an Abyssal Flame and launch it at your enemies.
- Activate the charge by pressing LMB + RMB, then fire with either RMB or LMB.
- You can move while this skill is charging.
- Returns a moderate amount of HP, and can knock down enemies.
- Can be used without charging fully, at reduced efficiency.
- This skill has a maximum of 3 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 29 skill points to max out all ranks.
Call Doom down upon your enemies in a wide area.
- Activate by pressing Shift + E to charge, and fire with LMB.
- You can move while charging this attack.
- This skill has a maximum of 3 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 41 skill points to max out all ranks.
- Will consume Black Spirit’s Rage at 100%.
- Can knock down enemies.
Collect darkness to perform sweeping attacks.
- Activate by pressing S + LMB.
- This skill has a maximum of 4 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 73 skill points to max out all ranks.
- Cn slow enemies.
- Combos into:
Leap forward during Claws of Darkness to perform an explosive attack.
- Activate by pressing S + LMB + RMB during Claws of Darkness.
- Grants Forward Guard for its duration.
- You must have Claws of Darkness II to learn this skill.
- This skill has a maximum of 3 ranks, with a cumulative cost of 51 skill points to max out all ranks.
After her Awakening, the Sorceress cleaves through the battlefield with the use of her Scythe. Her range continues to be melee to mid range, though she is granted larger AoE’s with the use of the scythe.
Below are some of the core skills of the Sorceress Awakening.
Brandish the scythe to inflict massive and successive damage, stealing life from the enemy.
Perform a powerful spin attack that can kill a dead man twice.
Use Fragments of Darkness to momentarily conceal yourself in shadow, then perform a counter attack from any direction you desire.
Summon Blade of Darkness using Shard of Darkness. The Blade of Darkness will slowly move forward to attack the enemy.
Open the gate of darkness and summon a flock of crows. This is the Sorceress’s most powerful skill, due to its high damage and burn effect.
The first Sorceress, the one who started it all, was Cartian. All present-day Sorceresses are considered her descendants, and the little town of Tarif holds evidence for such a claim. Tarif was founded around three hundred years ago by Cartian and Allan Serbin.
The Book of Cartian, only found and circulated within Tarif, has always been considered the Holy Scripture for Sorceresses. Not everything was mentioned or explained in the Book of Cartian, however, not even the Reaper’s Scythe, the weapon solely used by the Great Sorceress herself.
During Cartian’s time, there was a great territorial war between the Humans and the Cyclopians. The Cyclops were about to completely consume the outnumbered and physically weaker humans, until Cartian appeared and vanquished them with the Scythe.
After Cartian’s victory, the Sorceresses divided into several smaller clans, and began to spread out across the world beyond Tarif. Though she had lived their for an outstandingly long span of time, much longer than that of an average human, Cartian is believed to have settled near Hexe Sanctuary, with one of the smaller clans.
Just before the almost immortal Sorceress disappeared, she injected every ounce of her destructive power into her Scythe, and sealed it away.
It did not take long before the Scythe was found by other Sorceresses who could not control its power, so Allan Serbin, a long-time friend of Cartian and the chief of Tarif, had to seal the Scythe again under the sacred tree of Scuffling Letusa.
As a result, Allan Serbin lost his body, trapping his spirit in a picture frame, where he watches over Tarif to this very day.