The Auction House(Item Exchange) is the only way to trade items with other players in Black Desert Online.
To list an item or receive sales funds, you must be at the "Item Exchange" NPC in any major city. However, you are allowed to view the Auction House at any time using the Item Exchange button in the top left corner of your World Map.
How to use the Auction House
Items can be traded through the "Item Exchange" Auctioneers located in every major capital city.
- Select the "Item Management" option at the bottom of the Auction House UI, and you will see a list of the items you currently have registered for sale, as well as the ability to collect money from any sales.
- At the top right of this interface, select "Register Item" to place an item up for sale.
- Each item has a limit on the minimum and maximum prices you can set - these will change based off of supply and demand. You set a price within the range and select confirm price, then click the Register button.
Other Auction House Mechanics
- You can only list a maximum limit of 30 items total, and sales which you have not collected your money for will count against this.
- You can collect money for sales registered at any auctioneer from any city.
- To remove an item from listing which has not sold, you will need to return to the city you posted the item in.
- It takes 30 minutes for an item you register to appear for sale - Pearl Items tend to instantly appear, though.
- Your item has 3 days to sell once registered. If it doesn't sell, you need to return to the city you registered at, to remove it from your listed auctions.
- It costs 10 silver per item you register on the AH. This silver must be in your inventory.
- There are taxes to using the Auction house. There is a 20% flat in-game tax removable from obtaining Patron status. There is a further tax which cannot be avoided, set by and paid to the guild owning the city you posted the item in.