The “Courser” system, Horse Awakening, and Arduanatt
It’s safe to say Tier 8 Coursers were just the beginning to a whole new gen of fantastic rides.
The Dream Horse, Arduanatt, not only has higher stats in Speed, Acceleration, Turn, Brake, but also has giant wings that will allow it to Glide down from high places.
Awakening a Courser to a Dream Horse takes a lot of time and effort. You need to train the Courser well enough for it to be ready for the awakening.
The Courser system
Tier 1 to 8 horses who have learned all necessary skills will be qualified as Coursers. Tier 8 Coursers will be able to start Courser Training and will be able to Awaken later when they build up enough training exp. (this will be covered in more detail in the Training and Awakening sections below.) The Coursers will have higher prices for selling, breeding, and imperial trading.
|Tier||Skills (qualified as a Courser when the horse has all skills listed)|
|5-6||Charge, Drift, Sprint|
|7||Charge, Drift, Sprint, Instant Accel, Side Step|
|8||Charge, Drift, Sprint, Instant Accel, Side Step, S: Instant Accel, S: Side Step|
If your horse has all of the necessary skills, your horse automatically qualifies as a Courser. You can easily recognize a Courser by the golden icon in the Mount menu. There are no extra bonus stats for being qualified as a Courser, but the selling prices and imperial trading prices will increase.
If you breed two Coursers, you will get a baby horse who starts with two skills. If you breed a normal horse with a Courser, the baby horse will have one or two skills. You can always change Horse skills, so having two skills to begin with is a great advantage.
If you successfully Awaken a T8 Courser, you can get a T9 horse, Arduanatt the Pegasus. With its huge white wings, Arduanatt can glide down from high altitudes without taking any fall damage.
T9 horses can learn the following exclusive skills:
- The Spirit of the Courser - the horse regenerates its HP and stamina when it’s parked.
- Double Jump - self explanatory.
- S: Charge - the horse can use Charge twice, consecutively.
- Arduanatt is born with The Spirit of the Courser and Double Jump.
- Arduanatt can also learn the following exclusive skills:
- Wings of the Wind - reduces fall damage by 100% when Arduanatt uses Double Jump.
- Wings of Freedom - allows Arduanatt to turn sideways while using Wings of the Wind.
In order to get Arduanatt, you will need to train a Level 30 T8 Courser. You can train and Awaken the horse with Gula at Stonetail Horse Ranch. Put the horse in the stable and choose the Courser Training option in the stable menu. You can train your horse in the following areas: Skill (requires Rainbow Gem Fruit or Stonetail Fodder) Elegance (requires Breezy Shell Seaweed or Barbaric Beast’s Neidan) Stamina (requires Deep Blue Hoof Root or Breath of Forest)
You can obtain the items needed for Training in the following ways:
- Deep Blue Hoof Root - gathering
- Breath of Forest - loot from monsters
- Rainbow Gem Fruit - exchanged with 10 Shiny Golden Seal - [Imperial Delivery] from Shamhain at Stonetail Horse Ranch
- Breezy Shell Seaweed - fishing
- Barbaric Beast’s Neidan - hunting (Blue Whale and Khalk)
- Stonetail Fodder - farming and simple cooking
- You can also obtain the above items through a daily quest given by Shamhain where you have to tame a wild horse. Alternatively, you can buy them on the Marketplace.
You can train each area up to 100%, and when you build up more than 200% training exp overall, you can try to Awaken the horse.
In order to Awaken your horse, you will need one Krogdalo’s Origin Stone, which can be obtained by Simple Alchemy. You will need to use 25 Swaying Wind Shards and 25 Rumbling Earth Shards (can be obtained by exchanging either Shiny Golden Seal - Imperial Training or Horse Race Seals) together in Simple Alchemy. You can also get the Shards by completing Kamasylvia quests. Alternatively, you can buy Krogdalo’s Origin Stone on the Auction House.
Unfortunately, there is a chance that the Horse Awakening might fail. If the Awakening is successful, you will get Arduanatt. If not, you will lose all the Training exp that you’ve built up. Luckily, you do not lose any skills or other progress on your T8 Courser, just the Courser Training exp. If you do not want to lose all the exp, you can use Cron Stones. 100 Cron Stones will reduce the loss of exp by 50%.